Stuffed, baked and ignited with just the right amount of spice! This vegan take on a TexMex classic is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
With a few simple plant-based ingredients, you can create these flavoursome Stuffed Taquitos at home in minutes.
Fill it up!
To start, create the filling for your stuffed taquitos with not one – but two – kinds of beans. Combine the kidney beans and black beans with Made With Plants Original Cream Cheese, and we’re off to a tasty start!
Made With Plants Original Cream Cheese tastes and bakes just like traditional cream cheese, making it a perfect alternative for diary-free recipes. We love this product because it caters for a vast array of dietary requirements and lifestyle choices!
2 limes, halved
6 Woolworths Jumbo Tortillas
Coriander, roughly chopped
Wrap it up!
Now if there’s one thing Tex-Mex is known for, it’s spice – and you better believe we went all in to ramp up that flavour. Spicey, cheesy and absolutely delicious – just the way we like it.
Once you’ve prepped the tortillas with a base layer of Original Cream Cheese (we can’t get enough), add the bean mixture, wrap to secure the filling, and oven bake the lot until your tortillas are golden.
We know that taquitos are normally served with smaller tortillas – however we went ahead and used jumbo tortillas for this recipe, as they can be easier to assemble.
Serve and enjoy!
While your taquitos bake in the oven, prepare your topping.
We’ve served our taquitos with melted Made With Plants Sweet Chilli Cream Cheese – which looks and tastes just like traditional cream cheese. You can never have enough cheese, and the sweet chilli flavour really gives this recipe an extra kick!
With products such as Made With Plants Cream Cheese in your fridge, you can whip up these cheesy, filling and totally satisfying Stuffed Taquitos in minutes. You and your family will love ‘em!
The entire Made With Plants range is vegan friendly, and available at selected Woolworths stores today.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Packet of 6 Woolworths Jumbo Tortillas
- 1 tin kidney beans, strained
- 1 tin black beans, strained
- 250g Made With Plants Original Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 spring onion stalks, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander, loosely packed
- Spray olive oil
- Made with Plants Sweet Chilli Cream Cheese
- Approximately 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 limes, halved
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl add the kidney beans, black beans, ½ of the cream cheese, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, chilli powder, spring onion and coriander. Mix well to combine.
- Remove one tortilla from packet and spread cream cheese down centre, about 2 inches wide. Top with bean mixture and then roll up tortilla and place into a baking dish.
- Repeat this step with remaining tortillas.
- Once all tortillas are rolled and placed into baking dish, spray the top with olive oil and place into oven to bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Pour Made With Plants Sweet Chilli Cream Cheese into a saucepan and heat on low, stirring the cream cheese until melted.
- To serve add shredded iceberg lettuce and cherry tomatoes to each plate. Top with a taquito. Drizzle Made with Plants Sweet Chilli Cream Cheese over the top and add a sprinkle of coriander and squeeze of lime juice.