Comfort food is here to stay, and this One-Pot Vegan Mac & Cheese one sure-fire way to turn the comfort level up! This extra cheesy, 7 ingredient recipe is easy to make, tastes just like the real thing and is ALSO nut-free.
Keep those kiddies happy
This is a recipe for anyone; whether you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser to keep those kiddies happy, a feel-good Friday-night-in dish or a plant-based twist on a classic fave to bring to the BBQ on the weekend – there is nothing else that can tick all those boxes like this one. Better yet, you’ll hardly be able to tell that it’s vegan!
If you’re ready to get cheeeesy with this absolute classic, then listen up! In 5 simple steps, you’ll be fulfilling all your cheese dreams.
- Macaroni pasta
- Made With Plants Shredded Vegan Mozzarella
- Made With Plants Cheddar Block, diced
- Vegan Butter
- Vegan milk: Try for unsweetened plant-based milk – we went for oat milk in this recipe for its neutral flavour.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, simply opt for gluten-free macaroni and flour.
- Start cooking your macaroni. Use 1 tsp of salt for every 4 cups of water. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- To start on the cheese sauce, melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add in the flour once the butter is melted and whisk until it forms a very smooth paste.
- Continue whisking while you slowly begin to pour in the milk. Onc there are no more lumps remaining, just let it simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Now time for the best bit – it’s time to whisk in the cheese! Vegan cheese does take a bit longer to melt, so bear this in mind. You should have a super smooth, creamy, velvety cheese sauce after a few minutes of whisking over medium-low heat.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir well until cheesy.
If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can top it with some toasted breadcrumbs for extra texture. Yum! Other than that, Voila! Simple and delicious vegan mac and cheese in 5 easy steps.