- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 large tomatoes, halved
- 2 red capsicum, halved
- 2 cups of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 to 7 sprigs fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Sea salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 packet of textured vegetable protein
- Vegan Butter to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Made With Plants Sour Cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander, for serving
- 1 avocado, diced, for serving
- Lime, for serving
- Fresh chillies roughly chopped, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tortillas into 2cm strips and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they’re nice and crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, capsicum, mushrooms, onion, garlic, cumin powder, fresh chillies, cilantro sprigs, and 1 cup water in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- To rehydrate the textured vegetable protein, pour boiling water over it and stir and let it stand for 5–10 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove and discard the chillies and coriander sprigs from the soup and transfer to a blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan. Add the smoked paprika, chilli powder, salt to taste, and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the soup thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and beans and cook until tender but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, garnish each serving of soup with a healthy dollop of Made With Plants Sour Cream, chillies, coriander, avocado and textured vegetable protein. Squeeze some lime juice on top and enjoy!